Friday, October 14, 2011

Randy Houser gives back "something real" to his mentor

We might never have heard the music of Randy Houser were it not for the influence of Thomas Carson. “I was playing clubs at the time and the thought of going to school was foreign to me,” Randy said in an interview with CountryWeekly.com. He was at a talent competition one night when Thomas Carson spoke with him and gave him "little kick in the butt” he needed to pursue music classes at East Central Community College in Mississippi where Mr. Carson taught. Fast forward a dozen years and now it's Randy's turn to help his former teacher. Thomas Carson was diagnosed with esophageal cancer earlier this year. Randy and several other ECCC alumni are performing a benefit concert to help their mentor and friend. The show is scheduled for Saturday, November 12th at the Neshola County Coliseum. “I always knew that he believed in me and my music,” says Randy. “I’ll never forget the moment he looked me in the eye and said, ‘If you can get out of this town, you need to go’. I moved to Nashville soon after. He helped me. Now it’s time to help him.” You can find out more about the generous spirit of Thomas Carson and even donate funds for his recovery here. Keep that circle of blessings going!

No comments:

Post a Comment