Thursday, August 18, 2011

I want to be Kenny Chesney's Roadie

Country music performers always toss around the word "family" when they appear on award shows and do radio interviews. And from what I've seen in this business, there's a lot of truth in that. But Kenney Chesney really takes the family concept to heart, at least with his crew. At the end of each year's tour Kenney takes his crew and support team (all 150 of them) on a tropical vacation to the Virgin Islands. As if that wasn't enough, Kenney occasionally holds lotteries for his crew, with the prize being one night's receipts from merchandise sales. When asked what the biggest amount he had to pay out was, Kenny said, "Probably the biggest check was three hundred grand. But do you know what those guys did? This is why I think this kind of thing works: They waited until the end of the year and I wrote one big check to the crew and they divided it up 13 ways." Hey Kenny, if you ever need a new roadie who can sing backup just email me! (and of course, my cousins too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment