Monday, August 15, 2011

Tragedy at Sugarland Show

I was all set to write a cutesy round up of last night's CMA Festival when I went online and saw the news about Sugarland's Saturday concert at the Indiana State Fair. My prayers go out the families of the five audience members who died when the stage lighting collapsed just prior to Sugarland's performance. I have no word yet on where to send donations for the families, but will post as soon as I find out. Jennifer Nettles reacted to the tragedy saying, "I am so moved by the grief of those families who lost loved ones. Moved by the pain of those who were injured and the fear of their families. Moved by the great heroism as I watched so many brave Indianapolis fans actually run toward the stage to try and help lift and rescue those injured. Moved by the quickness and organization of the emergency workers who set up the triage and tended to the injured."

No comments:

Post a Comment