Thursday, September 8, 2011

Alan Jackson and 9/11 Memories

There's a nice aricle over on CMT about Alan Jackson and 9/11. He tells how the song, Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning) came to him int he middle of the night and how he sang it into his portable recorder. He talks about his indecision on performing it live at the CMA awards that year. No doubt his song brought comfort to a great many people (although personally, I felt more comforted by Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue by Toby Keith.) It's odd, on this anniversay of that fateful day two things really stand out to me: 1. I remember what a picture perfect, sunny, autumn day it was. I remember actually being so mad that the sun continued to shine when we had just been so viciously attacked. 2. I remember needing to be with friends more on that day than any other I can remember.
My friend, Carmella Inchierchiera, is still working to help others cope with 9/11. I chose her song, Fallen Heroes (performed by Nelson Blanchard,) as my song of the week to help commemorate 9/11. But I failed to mention that Carmella is donating 50% of proceeds from the song to 9/11 Health Now, a charity to help first responders who have developed cancer and other health issues as a direct result of their heroic efforts that day. So go check out her song and the 9/11 charity she supports, it's a good song for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment