Thursday, September 29, 2011

Song of the Week: The Girl With The Fishing Rod by EllieMay Kay

I'm going a little off the beaten path for this week's song of the week. It's a tune called "The Girl With The Fishing Rod" by one of our ICMA friends, EllieMay Kay. As we say goodbye to summer, I thought I'd take one last trip to the river with this fun, rollicking tune. It's a high energy tribute to all us girls who'd rather bait a line than polish our nails. It'll make you want to tap your toes even if you're knee deep in the creek. The music and chorus will stay with you for days after hearing this, and the fiddle work is just pure country gold (I'm always a sucker for a good fiddle!) Of course, in the end our song's heroine catches more than fish. In addition to catching the eye of a good man, she's also reeled me in as a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment